Open letter to experts in High Functioning Autism
A worth reading statement from the NT wife of a man with Aspergers syndrome. From the text: “The primary betrayal by a spouse on the autism spectrum is horrific. But the secondary betrayal by an expert who is supposed to help, is worse.”
64 Characteristics of Social Intelligence Deficits
This article published by Indiana Resource Center for Autism can serve as a check-list for NT spouses when consulting doctors, health care staff, social workers, lawyers, bankers, school, workplace, family, friends, therapist.
Neurodevelopmental and psychosocial risk factors in mass murderers
– A review from Gilbergcentrum tentatively indicates that these extreme forms of violence may be a result of a highly complex interaction of biological, psychological and sociological factors and that, potentially, a significant proportion of mass or serial killers may have had neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder or head injury.
-Invitation for participating in research
Child-rearing issues when a parent has autism /Aspergers Disorder
-Invitation for research study recruitment. Neurotypical spouses, former spouses, and adult children of parents formally diagnosed with AS/ASD are invited. Click here.
Detrimental Effects on Neurotypical Wives
– Research published in Cambridge Journals. A Study of the impacts on neurotypical (NT) women living in relationship with an adult Asperger’s Syndrome partner.
Children of a parent with Asperger’s Syndrome / Autism
-What can be the detrimental affects to a child if a parent has Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger’s, High Functioning autism)?
Mental and emotional abuse of children
– What is emotional abuse and neglect? How does it affect a child?
Couple Therapy and Asperger’s syndrome /Autism
– Why couple therapy is useless when the partner with AS-autism lives in denial of the problems his/her condition causes for the NT spouse and children
Where can I find a therapist for NT spouses?
– Neurotypical spouses and partners sharing their experiences regarding conselling and therapy for NT spouses
Why does my NT-AS marriage not work?
-NT-ASD Relationships Table, 2016. A summary of the developmental deficits in individuals with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and the consequences for the life quality and health of their neurotypically (NT) developed spouses.
Help for NT Spouses whose Partner has AS Autism, SALVE
– How can the spouses of Aspergers/high-functioning autistics achieve a relief?
Poem: How did it come about to be about You?
About a AS husband’s ignorance and callous reaction to the news of one’s grief
Poem: Loneliness Is…
by Karen E. Rodman
Research. Marriage to someone with Autism Spectrum Disorder
By Rench, Cathryn, Ph.D., Capella University
Research into the well-being of partners of individuals with Asperger’s syndrome
Executive summary, by Dr Lisa Abel and Dr Vicki Bitsika
Court Decision: Asperger’s father loses almost all access to his children